Wednesday, October 26, 2005

North Country

I wanted to write about the movie before I went to bed tonight. I could sympathies very closely with the character of the movie. Despite the weak production and the false rating, I think it's a movie everyone should see. The girls should see it to have a close to reality understanding of the very short history of sexual harassment trials and boys should see it to get a distant feeling of what it's like to be a girl in the boys environment. What surprised us all was that the first sexual harassment case was won in 1989; imagine that, no wonder it's still so new to some people ...
I am not a feminist and I even disagree with some of what they stand for. But being a woman in a workspace which someday belonged to men, even in this new era, is tough. I am sure not as hard as it was for my mum or the others who came before us ... I am saying this especially to all the boys who think you can get away with anything as long as you are a girl. We don't want that, trust me, all we want is to have the same rights ...
I am not defending all the women against all the men, and I am not saying that men are to be treated as criminals, but there is still a lot to be done for most women until they feel safe and equal ...

1 Comments:

Blogger Sooski said...

It's on my list of movies to watch...

October 26, 2005 4:36 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home