Sunday, October 23, 2005

weekend!

What a thrill, I really need some work days to get over this weekend. Actually, it started on Friday.
Friday was a very good example of a day you think you have all planned out and nothing, and I mean nothing, happens like you thought it would. Kind of like your life, you have a great time just not the way you had planned it and once again you learn that you don't always make the decisions ...
Long story short, I ended up going to the theater to see The Death of Yazdgerd by Bahram Beyzaie. In one word, it was awesome. The translation, although not perfect, was very good and the performances were breathtaking. I should add the fact that I am by no means a "theater person" and I expected to be rather bored by the end. Maybe I should see the movie itself ...
The highlight of Saturday was the sunrise I watched in Stanley park. For those who don't live in Vancouver, Stanley park is a very important part of our lives here ... think of Central park in New York with the difference that it is very accessible to everyone probably because Vancouver is a smaller city. I wish I had my camera because there is no way I can describe what I saw. The Sun above the water, the boats, the birds, the people, the Seagull, the music, the autumn colored leaves and the cool breeze ...
From the beginning of Ramazan I decided to fast on Fridays, Saturdays and Sundays. And since I am one of the luckiest people on the planet, I have been going to Eftar at people's places non stop! Tonight we were in UBC ... and it's back to work, I feel like it's been ages since I did anything related to school ...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home