Friday, October 21, 2005

right time?

It has always been a topic of discussion between us, what is the right age to have a child? Common knowledge is that you should have your first child before the age of 30, but how does that fit into today's life style? Most likely by 30 we are just out of school with a PhD degree struggling with our pride and the reality that there is no red carpet laid out for us ... so we are not financially, emotionally or even physically ready to be a parent.
Personally, I love kids and would love to have a child of my own very soon. Putting aside the fact that I still don't have a partner to have children with - like that is a small problem! - I can't seem to be able to fit that anywhere into my schedule! and by that I mean having a child ...
At least talking to my friends and knowing that everyone faces the same dilemma, I feel a little more relaxed ... reading this I am getting more comfortable with having a baby between the ages of 30 and 35 ...

P.S. Thanks for the link Pedram.

7 Comments:

Blogger Sooski said...

I am past 32 and don't have any either! The partner is there, but financially and emotionally we're not there yet! so I set my line @ 35! we'll see! ;-)
Cheers,
--sooski

October 21, 2005 11:50 a.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

mamoolan hamash aghab miofte, yeki daneshgahe ma bood, goft bade phd, badesh ostad shode alan mige bad 5 sale dige ke tenur beshe, badesham in ghad saresh shologh mishe ke yadesh mire :))

October 22, 2005 1:15 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I don't know why but I think 2-3 years ago I was more capable to handle it than now!I'm just scared!

October 23, 2005 1:57 a.m.  
Blogger dokhtare aftab said...

nona joon i don't know, another friend told me the same thing ...

October 23, 2005 1:30 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

why one would want to have a kid?? never is what I say...

October 23, 2005 2:27 p.m.  
Blogger dokhtare aftab said...

well, then i guess it's a good thing that some people want children and some don't ...

October 23, 2005 4:43 p.m.  
Blogger Pedram said...

I read this long time ago, it is also related and interesting:
http://www.iranian.com/KatayoonHadizadeh/2004/August/Baby/index.html

October 23, 2005 5:48 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home