Friday, July 29, 2005

hate

Everyone told me I should hate him. But I am a strong believer in giving people the benefit of the doubt. It has now become clear to me that he never deserved the trust I gave. Of course that doesn't change anything with me, I still believe everyone deserves a second round. As for him, well I don't care. He's not even in my sphere of life any more.
I thought long and hard to see if there is any remorse in me. None. But I can't take all the credit for handling the situation so well. I had great friends. Ones who would sit and talk to my heart and hold me for as long as I needed a shoulder. They sat through my tears and my pain. They understood that I can't associate some characteristics with human beings and it will take me a while to believe some things are true.
It's a long gone story, but something just triggered the thoughts again. The only part of me that still hurts is that tiny spot deep down that believes in the ideals of life, that believes it's just a matter of trying harder to get the good out in people. The little spot that doesn't want to confront the truth that some people just don't change ...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home