Monday, February 13, 2006

expectations

I had prepared myself to hear my supervisor say .. and is that all you've done in the past month? He's been away for a month and trust me I've been going round in circles.

I went into his office with a big smile painted on my face since the weather was beautiful and I had had a good time in the lab all day. What a pleasant surprise, I was just finishing an email to you!

He talked about his trip for a while and then said Ok, let's talk about you. You are looking very nice, your hair and everything ... Nice comments aren't unusual from him, but this was a little stronger and non-academic. A comment of course I enjoyed since it was coming from him, the beautiful person he is.

After my looks the next topic was my trip to Vegas, which of course he arranged a travel advance check for any amount I wanted. Ok, I said to myself, we are getting to the terrible part now.

I started talking about what I had done while he was away which I could have summarized in nothing but then it wouldn't look good! I just gave him a few ideas which had crashed and ... guess what he said?! You are brilliant, you are really good at absorbing ideas and coming up with new ones. I knew you were going to be wonderful!

I came out of his office with an even bigger smile, now I had the rest of the day to rest since I had worked so hard while he was away ... who knew the 13th would be such a good day ...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home