Monday, January 23, 2006

me & politics!

I think that from now on I should not support anyone in the elections or maybe I should support a party I hope will loose. Honestly, I supported Dr. Moeen and then Hashemirafsanjani, you know how that turned out. And then I supported the Liberals in Canada, they toppled to a minority government last election. An early election was called, and the Conservatives are now defeating them ... sorry Paul!

P.S. at least I am living in the right part of the country. Canada, and specifically Quebec, voted for more Conservative MPs; British Columbia voted for fewer! They lost 5 seats - down to 17 from 22. The seats went to the NDP - which is celebrating big time tonight with a total of 29 seats in the house of parliaments. Liberals - taking one seat from an independent runner - ended up with one more seat than last time. It is an interesting point to me that all the metropolitans voted Liberal and the Conservatives got their support from smaller communities ....

3 Comments:

Blogger Pedram said...

well, you agree this is a democracy, so the opinion of smaller communities should matter the same as metropolitans. On the other hand, after 12 years, it is good for liberals to look over the past and learn from their mistakes; I like this aspect of democracy!

January 24, 2006 10:03 a.m.  
Blogger dokhtare aftab said...

hmm, i have nothing against the smaller communities and what's more i think the indians should be given at least one specific seat in the house ... the only thing is, i fear of what such a hardliner like Harper might do!

January 24, 2006 5:22 p.m.  
Blogger Sooski said...

I am in the same page as you!! concered about Harper!

January 24, 2006 7:50 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home