Friday, January 20, 2006

Conservative

Last week I was starting to convince myself that may be a Conservative minority government is not that bad. With the NDP looking over their shoulder, it might just be that ... honestly, it might just be that nothing will get done!
The thought seemed less and less attractive as I heard Harper sneak his way out of answering to whether he supports abortion. It's ok not to support it - it's at least an expressed opinion - but to avoid it by saying that my views are too complicated! I hate dishonesty and that is all he reminds me of.
To my horror, today, I learnt that the NDP was running anti-Liberal ads. Ads with people saying why they are changing their vote from Liberal to NDP. Layton has laid out the terms on which he'll support a minority Conservative government and, well, nothing that thrilling. It'll leave Harper the tools he needs for the American-style Canada he is dreaming of. Oh, and by the way, the photo above comes from his own party's website. What a smile, I wonder what he is grinning at?! The tampered painting I found here.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home