Monday, December 26, 2005

congestion

I picked up a friend from the store around noon and decided to do my share of boxing day shopping afterwards. From my experience I didn't expect anything amazing, so I decided to walk around, browse at a few stores I like and enjoy watching people as they shop.
For one thing I should say the rumor that there was gold to be dug had some people in a panic. From the lady that couldn't be seen behind the clothes she wanted to try on and the people who waited hours to get into a store, to those who just ran through the mall from shop to shop, there was a sense of thirst. Every once in a while you could find someone who had lost patience, and there were many who wanted to walk right through you as if you were a ghost.
I only shopped at one store and as I waited in line I came to notice the little boy with blue eyes staring at me. He was a few months old. I smiled at him and started talking ... much better response than any of the other people in the store I should say. I tilted my head to one side and he did so too. We soon learnt how to play that game together. It was a lot of fun and it kept me occupied ...
Overall I spent about 2 hours at the mall and I did get quite a bargain on the clothes I bought. Yet, the best part was the beautiful rainbow I saw driving back home ...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home