Friday, November 18, 2005

grownups

"You were jealous of my colour dreams, claimed to see only black and white at night, so I closed my eyes and invited you in.
Now we both live in the burning house of childhood miniatures of our parents, doll husband and wife. Every night you bathe in the lavender bathroom, eat in the orange kitchen, stand in the sundeck above a lawn of flames.
"

- Grownups, Evelyn Lau

I have read this piece written in the bus many times, and every time it reminds me of all the people who have told me they dream in black and white; how come? May be they are not that excited about colours during the day, so their brain doesn't colour their dreams?! To tell you the truth, colours play an important role in my dreams and it is every once in a long time that I dream in black and white ....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home