Saturday, March 19, 2005

best New Year's gift


... we met and said happy new year to one another and started a typical new year's conversation. When we were saying goodbye I remembered that he hadn't given me my new year's gift, so I asked for it. He needed a piece of paper and a pen, and wrote down:

"If you love something dearly, let it go. If it comes back to you it belonged to you and if it doesn't it was never yours."

I smiled and put the paper in my handbag ... Not a single year goes by that I don't remember his gift. I have told him time after time how much his advice has helped me and how I have carried it with me for so many years. Till now that has been my best new year's gift and I have passed it on to so many people. Thank you... and to everyone a HaPpY NeW YeAr!

Butchart Gardens, Victoria, BC, Canada

4 Comments:

Blogger Pedram said...

How correct he is!!

March 19, 2005 8:00 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy new year to you too :) Wish you the best in the world :)))

March 19, 2005 9:17 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's a great gift, and so true. Happy New Year to you. Btw, the photo is awsome. Love the Butchart Gardens. When I visited Vancouver a few years ago, I also went to Victoria and to this day I cannot forget its beauty. Ended up buying 4 rolls of extra film when I got there, and still have the little flower booklets they hand out. :)

March 21, 2005 10:41 a.m.  
Blogger Sooski said...

Happy new year to you as well :)
Wish you health, happiness and prosperity.
Cheers!

March 21, 2005 2:34 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home