Tuesday, August 16, 2005

homeland

The article, although not written very strong, had me thinking for a while. I am a proud Iranian, but I know in my heart that I am not very willing to go back and live in Iran. At least not now. Of course, my reasons are personal, something along the lines that I still have a lot to learn in the big world I am living in. I want open fresh air to breathe .... I know, I am sacrificing a lot for that. But Canada does feel like home, like homeland ... and its sky is blue with white fluffy clouds ...
Maybe the simplest question to help you make up your mind about where your homeland is, is something like which country would you fight for in a war? Despite all the disagreement I have with the Iranian government, I can't say I would fight against Iran. I still feel too strong for the land and the people. My roots are still in its soil, although I enjoy the rain that falls to the ground in my new land ....

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Shirin, I believe that is the worse question you may ever ask yourself!! khoneye adam bayad mahale solh o aramesh bashe dokhtaram na jang!!! man agar bodam age mididam bekhatere ye jaei mitonam be jang hata fekr konam sari'e miraftam ye jaye dige!!!!

August 16, 2005 10:05 a.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

benazaram age hame inkaro bokonan khob dar avaz hich jangi nemishe o hichkasam koshte nemishe

August 16, 2005 10:15 a.m.  
Blogger Anar said...

You are an immigrant. You will have two homes for the rest of your life I guess...the thing is that I will not fight against America either. I have got to know the people...I have a real picture from them so an anti american media can not deceive me a tempt me to go to war against them...same is for Iran...I know the people. It's become a personal friendship. If ever, Iran and America fight I will jst do my best to stop the war but I will not take sides.

August 16, 2005 10:34 a.m.  
Blogger Pedram said...

I think I agree with the above comments. however,I think our nex generation will have more of this problem. BTW, thanks for your comment on my BD :). yes, the heavenly gates have been open in July:)

August 16, 2005 5:59 p.m.  
Blogger dokhtare aftab said...

Elham, i meant more in the sense of defence, not as an attacker. and by no means was i thinking of the politics involved.
Pantea, I totally agree with you.
Pedram, I think the next generation will walk by the problem much easier than us since they will have no memories of HOME.

August 16, 2005 7:51 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey,
for me, there is one hometown which is my dear Shiraz :)
I have not lived there for a long time though as I always loved moving around and get to know places and people and I have lived accordingly.

August 16, 2005 8:06 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home