Tuesday, February 21, 2006

Tyra

As you may know the previous actress/model now has a TV talk show of her own, The Tyra Banks Show. It just happens that CTV puts the show on around the time that I feel like sitting in front of the TV and resting a little bit ...
I used to think of her as a typical model who got caught in the excitement of doing TV business like many others in her profession. I didn't even credit her enough to agree that she is the teenagers' Oprah. But that changed over time. Although I still wouldn't say I eagerly follow her shows or that I would take advice from her, it now seems to me that she understands people, or at least Americans, better than the average person ... she has insight into the problems and can find, well, at least short time solutions ...
One reason I started writing this post was that I am impressed by what she said on her show today. She was interviewing a group of prostitutes and the manager of the ranch as they called it - in Nevada prostitution is legal, and these people were trying to convince everyone to look at it as any other business! Ugh!!! She made it clear that she didn't agree it was so and said something along the lines of: I can understand why guys would go to a prostitute, although I don't agree with the reason and I don't like it, but what I don't understand is how you girls actually do this!
I really liked how she brought up this subject, introduced the business and although they were feeling good about themselves, made them look the idiots they were!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

this was funny

February 22, 2006 2:13 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home