Friday, October 14, 2005

where?

He asked me why I didn't go to the States to do my PhD. He told me that I should have moved to a university with a big name. He questioned the fact that despite my abilities I would settle for what I have ...
He didn't mean it in a bad manner. He's one of the sweetest beings on the planet. He just thinks I deserve more than I have ... well, yes, I was flattered, but ...
I told him that I like it here. I told him that I went to those universities with big names. I told him that I didn't like the lifestyle of my friends who live there. In a simple sentence, it didn't attract me ... Maybe it's the city here, maybe it's the people, maybe it's the life ...
I remember when I was coming to Canada everyone asked: "How come you changed your mind and decided to go to Canada?" I told them, I found a supervisor, we are both excited to work together. I still feel the same, I don't want to go anywhere else, where would I go? ...

2 Comments:

Blogger Sooski said...

It took me a few years to realize why I am here and why I haven't moved! I found what makes me happy... I know the opportunities here are not offered as vast as they are in the states... but we all don't have the same goals...
Glad you're happy here :)

October 14, 2005 3:54 p.m.  
Blogger Pedram said...

It's good to see somebody is happy her/his situation. It's rare these days!

October 15, 2005 5:47 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home