Saturday, October 08, 2005

challenge

So Stanford University came out first in the DARPA Grand Challenge; another military aided project, or at least another military motivated competition. Probably, there will soon be a project underway ...
A lot of the work I do - wireless communication - started with military aided projects. What I am working on now - sensor networks - is still of great interest to the military. That means if you want the big bucks you've got to get on board. I am still not there, but if I ever have to make a decision, I really don't know if I can convince myself that it's ok ...

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Big bucks are so convincing ...

October 09, 2005 2:59 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That 's interesting! It actually depends on many factors, is this U.S. military supporting this project? It would be very challenging to experience that, and if you are certain about your own purpose for cooperating, it would be easier. Getting the knowledge and the experience is valuable!

October 09, 2005 3:07 p.m.  
Blogger dokhtare aftab said...

DARPA is the Defense Advanced Research Projects Agency, it's a branch of the US Department of Defense. The problem in such cases is that you can't fool yourself, you know that the reseach results are going to be used for military purposes ...

October 09, 2005 3:21 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home