Wednesday, May 04, 2005

flexibility

"It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent, but the one most responsive to change"
- Charles Darwin
IEEE potentials magazine

Not that it has anything to do with what Darwin said, but I took my car to a car wash today. The manual type, not the ones you drive in and the machines do all the work for you. The main reason was that I had always driven by that place and watched people wash their cars in the Sun and I really wanted to try it for myself. Anyway, I went alone ...
I didn't do an excellent job cleaning the car. It was too heavy a job for me alone. I mean it's ok considering all the dirt from our road trip, but not as clean and shiny as I would expect it after a car wash. The mistake was that I hadn't noticed there are only guys using the manual wash. The ladies all used the drive in. I enjoyed the experience of course, and the Sun. But I'm wondering, was this a push too far? I do acknowledge that there are certain things in life that should be left to men, so is this one? Guess I won't know unless I try a few more times ...

2 Comments:

Blogger Pedram said...

Once I quoted same Darwin's saying in my weblog. I thought his name was spelled "Darvin". Now, I have corrected it. Thanks!

May 09, 2005 4:12 p.m.  
Blogger dokhtare aftab said...

:)

May 09, 2005 10:56 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home