Monday, November 28, 2005

post doc

She got her PhD in biology a few years back. Since then she has taken, I think, three post doctorate positions. Her face is cold, although she is friendly. She doesn't seem to have any friends and almost always wears, if not exactly the same, very similar clothes. She lives close to me, comes to school by bus and has yet to decide where she will go for her next post doc work. Every time I talk to her, I feel worried. The sense of panic is mostly triggered by the thought that I might end up like her. I can explain to myself that there is very little chance of that, for starters, I am a much more social person than her. But the reasoning fails, it usually takes a good half a day to get me back to being the me who is happy with the work she is doing ....

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your writings are not giving such a sense.You should be diffrent from her.

November 28, 2005 10:25 p.m.  
Blogger dokhtare aftab said...

I think I am. Yet the worry remains :)

November 28, 2005 11:22 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home