Sunday, July 03, 2005

group activity

It is amazing to me how groups of people do a similar activity so differently. The thought first struck me when I tried to play a game which was a group favorite in one group among a different group of people. Oh my it went bad! The group just couldn't pull it together. The interesting thing is that most of the people I hang out with are Sharif graduates who are doing graduate studies in Vancouver, so there is not that much diversity among group members.
This week I tried a regular activity, which we had very nicely accomplished many times in one group, with another group. We went on a picnic and had a barbecue. Although everything came out fine, I noticed this group didn't have the coordination and the ability to do this task as well as the first group. First of all, me and two of the guys did all the work and I really mean it so. The rest of the guys literally sat there and watched as we lit the fire, prepared and served the food. The important point is, my previous experiences with this group showed that we can work as a whole to accomplish a goal, just not the barbecue thing!
I can think of a group of friends which I probably couldn't convince to go on such a picnic ... I guess this group are the people I should only sing and dance with and I guess that's why you need to be friends with different people ...

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

lack of management :))=)) ye raeese khob hame ra be kar migire

July 03, 2005 8:24 p.m.  
Blogger dokhtare aftab said...

believe me i tried :P

July 04, 2005 12:09 a.m.  
Blogger Neda said...

Hi, how r u doing? Shirin jan, do you agree to organize a group of bloggers in vancouver?

Let me know, neda
http://handwriting.blogspot.com

July 04, 2005 12:37 a.m.  
Blogger dokhtare aftab said...

Hi Neda jan,
to tell you the truth i am not thrilled about such groups since i don't feel a strong basis for them to form and stand. but if for any reason you feel you want to do so let me know and i will do all in my power to help.
good luck,

July 04, 2005 1:18 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home